Sunday, March 12, 2023

SUNDAY PSALMS PART 10 OF 48 - PSALM 33:15

 

Lionfish, Nashville Zoo at Grassmere

He fashions their hearts individually;
He considers all their works.
                    Psalm 33:15, New King James Version

 

B&R used to have 31 different flavors of ice cream each month, plus, of course, chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. Do you know how many combinations are possible for mixing and matching those 31 flavors and, of course, chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla on a double dip cone? I do. 595! So how many choices do I have if I want two scoops?

Would you believe ten? Maybe on a good month, 15, and possibly as many as 21? 

I'm sure you're scratching your head. Only 10-21 choices when there are 31 flavors (and, of course, chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla)?

First off, I didn't say 10=21 choices; I said  10, 15, or 21 choices. Is that different? Yes, and I'll explain.

Even before I look at the list of 31 flavors, I know I'm not getting chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla - I can get those anyplace! I also already know I'm mixing, not matching - too many flavors to limit myself to just one. 

Then, when I look at the list, I will pick the flavors that grab my interest. Normally, that would be five, and I have ten choices on how to mix those flavors. Should it be a good selection, the flavors I'm considering might rise to six (15 possible mixes) or seven (making it 21).

So what does this have to do with Psalm 33:15? Simple. It reflects on how God fashioned me. He fashioned me to have no interest in the common flavors of chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla, as well as wanting two different flavors. Not everybody is fashioned that way. 

Let me take a different angle, one I just thought of. When looking at my photos, I thought the one of the lion fish above was excellent. You notice how beautiful that fish is? Which do you think is more likely: God fashioned the lion fish that way, or over millions of years the fish managed to get the color scheme right? Yeah, I'd go with God fashioning this fish - the other is too ridiculous.

But that fish is not beautiful to everyone, and that is also due to another aspect of God fashioning. At the Nashville Zoo at Grassmere, it explained the lion fish is one of many examples where a species is taken from its native envioronment - the one God fashioned this creature for - and puts it in another. In the case of the Lion Fish, he's removed from his natural predators and in its new home the fish overpopulates and becomes a threat. 

So the point is God made you for a purpose. Nothing is an accident - don't be dumb enough to think that you have the power to undo God's will and design for you. Attempts to do so are as disastrous as relocating the lion fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment