Tuesday, March 14, 2023

ALBUM REVIEW - TRUE REVIVAL, SELF-TITLED


 If you want a blues-rock album with strong, Biblical lyrics, your hunt is over. You need to look no further than True Revival's self-titled debut project.

I first learned of True Revival a year ago when they were announced as one of the participants of the 2022 Kingdom Come festival. I interviewed them just prior to that performance (to read interview, click here). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend that year, but I did see a video of them live later last year.

This was an excellent album, with several strong songs, such as the title track, "Forgiven," "Someone Great In Me," "His House Of Love," and my favorite, "The Sword." (There aren't enough songs dealing with the importance of Scripture nowadays, if ever.) It also includes excellent arrangements of a pair of good old time Christian songs, "Blessed Assurance" and "I Shall Not Be Moved."

"True Revival" is likely going to be on my favorite album list, and is definitely the most recent entry on that list by well over a decade. I highly recommend it.

The following links are for their webpage, Facebook, and Spotify. They're also going to be performing at a Biker Rally in Plainfield, IN, May 20th.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment