Friday, March 10, 2023

PRE-OSCAR LOOK AT MOVIES THAT HAD AN IMPACT ON ME, PART 11 OF 12: JURASSIC PARK


 I mentioned a couple of days ago my favorite actor is Ben Kingsley, and my all-time favorite movie was Chariots. I will admit there's no actress I can say is definitively my favorite, but what is my favorite movie theme? And who's my favorite director? 

Some might guess it might be Vangelis, because of the title of "Chariots of Fire". Good guess. Actually, my second music composition is "Eric's Theme" from Chariots. Others would say, "He's mentioning this while talking about Jurassic Park - there's a connection. Yep, my favorite theme is from "Jurassic Park" by John Williams.

And yes, Spielberg is my favorite director. This movie is an example. For example, one thing I like about Spielberg is how he introduces key characters. In this movie, the first appearances of John Hammond (played by Richard Attanborough, who directed Ghandi), the first braichiosaurus, and the T-Rex. 

Another person mentioned how masterful the suspense was between Dr. Alan Grant and the two kids were climbing a usually electric fence when the power was off and Ellie Sattler restoring power to the park, including the fence the others were climbing. (Apology for the mild spoiler).

I mentioned JFK made an impact but was not a favorite. Jurassic Park definitely is one of my favorite movies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment