Thursday, March 9, 2023

PRE-OSCAR LOOK AT MOVIES THAT HAD AN IMPACT ON ME, PART 10 OF 12

 



 There are movies you want to see, and there are movies you feel need to see. That is the reason I spent a Saturday afternoon in the early '90's watching JFK.

For those who haven't watched this movie, it's not so much about the former President as it was about the trial of one accused of being part of a conspiracy to bring down our chief executive. 

This is one of the films that I won't say I enjoyed but one that made me think. Movies like Blow-Up, Soylent Green, Missing, Clockwork Orange, Schindler's List, and this one. You notice I did not call this list favorite movies? Now, 11 of the 12 movies on this list would be called favorites. This one's the exception. 

Not that I didn't like the movie or regretted seeing it. With this, I feel I know a little more about Kennedy's assassination. If I was on the jury, I would have agreed the lawyer (played by Kevin Costner) didn't prove the suspect was part of the murder of the President, but it did a great job in my believing there is a lot we don't know nor are supposed to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment