Sunday, July 17, 2022

WAKE UP BY MEGHAN WILLIAMS (DYED4YOUART)

 PART 17 OF A 17 PART SERIES ON FAVORITE ART AND ARTISTS

Wake Up by Meghan Williams of Dyed4YouArt



 

My hunch is that if you asked ten Christians what it means for the church to wake up, you might get ten different answers. I wouldn't be shocked if you got twenty.  

While I'd be glad to give my thoughts as to how the church needs to awaken, I'm going to focus on this fine work of art. Of course, there's the lion representing Jesus, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:9-10; Rev. 5:5), speaking to the world, symbolized by a city.

Is this a particular city? My first thought is San Francisco, with the Golden Gate and other bridges. But is my memory correct that New York City also has one? Or is it another city or for that matter a generic city? Either way, the cities I mentioned are not known for listening to the voice of Christ. To me, the city looks unaffected by Christ's roar.

You want to know my thoughts about the church needing to wake up? Ask! I'll be glad to tell you. But what I want to hear is your thoughts about the subject. And does this picture affect you as it does to me?

Also, this is the conclusion of my series on favorite art. You can say I wanted to go out with a bang, or more likely a roar. Starting this blog, let alone the series, is based on a view that God can use the arts for His glory, including drawing the lost to Him and to edify and encourage the Church. In some cases, He can even use art by unbelievers without their knowledge.

P.S. If you'd like to read my interview with Meghan Williams (which also has "Wake Up" on the top), click here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment