Friday, July 15, 2022

THE GRAIL BY KERRY JACKSON

 PART 15 OF A 17 PART SERIES ON FAVORITE ART AND ARTISTS

 

The Grail by Kerry Jackson

 I had the honor of meeting Kerry Jackson when he and his wife Twyla were here in Indianapolis planting a church which at first met in the Art Bank (have you ever seen a baptism in an art gallery?) and later at the Indy Fringe theater. 

I also enjoy his art. There are four paintings of his I'm including in this collection. 

The title refers to my favorite, which is at the top: The Grail. To me, I can see the young man's zeal and love for Jesus, and possibly a little weariness due to his endeavor. I also see the sense of adventure. It makes

me think of one of my favorite verses, Psalm 84:5 - "Blessed is the man whose strength is in the Lord, and who has set his heart for pilgrimage."

To the left is my second favorite, titled "Can I Go?" which was on display at the Art Bank. On the other side is a completely different type of painting, dealing with human trafficking titled "Hotlanta." 

Finally, there is below a painting he did through his ministry Drawing to the Rock at Arlington Avenue Baptist Church while Becky and I attended there. You'll notice I included a link for the ministry.

What do you think of Kerry Jackson's art, especially "The Grail?" Is there any art that moves you, either to think, to smile, or to have concerns for our sinful world?

No comments:

Post a Comment