Saturday, July 16, 2022

OUTSIDE THE CAMP BY GRACE CAROL BOMER

 PART 16 OF A 17 PART SERIES ON FAVORITE ART AND ARTISTS

Outside The Camp by Grace Carol Bomer

 My only time in an art studio (unless you count art labs in school) was in 2000 when Becky and I visited Soli Deo Gloria Studio in Ashville, NC, home of Grace Carol Bomer. One thing that impressed me was her painting "Outside The Camp," partially because I had recently memorized the passage from Hebrews 13:13: "Therefore let us go to Him, outside the camp, bearing His reproach." While there, I told her about one concept for a drawing I had and she told me to go for it. (22 years later, and it's still on my to-do list).

It's been a couple of weeks since I interviewed Grace for the blog. Also, her art is described in Nancy Pearcey's book Saving Leonardo. The book includes one of her paintings, "Weeping For The Wiping Of Grace" (right).

What do you think of this painting. Are there any works of art that you find a helpful adaptation of Scripture? 

For the interview, click here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment