Thursday, July 14, 2022

PEACEFUL BY TRISH WALTON

 PART 14 OF A 17 PART SERIES ON FAVORITE ART AND ARTISTS

 

"Peaceful" by Trish Walton

 I'm taking a turn in this series. I am moving from artists who lived before my time to those I know personally. Three of the last four I'm featuring Becky and I have met, and the fourth is one I correspond with on-line and interviewed for this blog..

Becky and I have had the honor of knowing Richard and Trish Walton for nearly a quarter of a century. We met them when Richard became an associate pastor at Arlington Avenue Baptist Church (AABC)in '97. Richard then served at another church while Becky and I became a part of another congregation. By '04, when we returned to AABC, Richard was the pastor and Trish was the music director.

I don't remember when it was that I discovered Trish was an artist. But I was impressed. On this post are three of her works: "Peaceful" (above), "Monday Blues" (right), and "Rise Above" (which, with that title, ironically is below). 

My favorite of hers is "Peaceful." Looking at it made me realize - I do like pictures with a small subject dwarfed by the background, whether a spectacular one like "Sodom and Gomorrah" by John Martin (see July 5 blog) and with more natural settings such as Asher Brown Durand's "Kindred Spirits" (see July 13) and Trish Walton's "Peaceful."

Why other reasons do I like about "Peaceful"? I love the blues and greens used here (and also in "Monday Blues"). I find the light, cool colors refreshing.

What do you think about these paintings? Do you find more pastel cool colors more relaxing than the bright or dark colors other artists have used?

No comments:

Post a Comment