Thursday, December 28, 2023

JEFF'S FAVORITE NOVEL LIST FOR 2023

Episode 1830 by Adele Kindt


Raise your hands if you've been anticipating my annual fiction (and non-fiction) book lists! 
This year, I haven't read as many novels as I have recent years. Thus, it's easier to make this a top ten list, in comparison to the top twenty songs I shared yesterday. 
Part with less novels read - I only read more than one book from the same author this year, that being Donna Fletcher Crow. I used to do that deliberately when I read less novels. This time it was not planned. Thus, I had several novelists move up one slot each on my all time reading list, but it didn't have a lot of effect. Jessica Patch moved into a tie with Steven King for 10th place with 8 each. John Otte and Janet Sketchley moved into a tie with Jill Williamson for 12th place at 7 each. Donna Fletcher Crow gained a little breathing room for second place (21), and putting her only two from the seemingly unpassable Dame Agatha Christy. 
As usual, I will give them in alphabetic order. Will this tradition change? Well, if you read yesterday's blog, you'll notice a slight variation: I did identify my favorite song for the year. Let me know if you like that change. But I'll go back to the typical approach of making it straight alphabetic order by author for this year. So here's my top ten:
  1. Deadly Burden (Green Dory Inn Mystery Book 4) by Janet Sketchley. Each story gets better! This one has a Christmas theme. Book Review Link
  2. Explosive Revenge (Rocky Mountain K-9 Unit, Book 7) by Maggie K. Black. For those unfamiliar, Love Inspired Suspense (Harlequin) has an annual 8 part K-9 series, each novel written by a different author. Book Review Link
  3. George Bronson Private Eye by Hal Ames. A fun mystery story by a good friend. The review will be posted January 11.
  4. Lost Bits by Kerry Nietz. An excellent dystopian sci fi story by one of my favorite authors. Book Review Link
  5. The Refiner Of The Realm: Of Queens and Clerics (The Celtic Cross Book 3) by Donna Fletcher Crow. Book Review Link(includes a bonus review of Crow's An All Consuming Fire - The Monastery Murders Book 5)
  6. Shielding the Baby (Pacific Northwest K-9 Unit Book 1) by Laura Scott. This is the fourth K-9 Series first book I've read, and it definitely is the best. There are 7 more books in the series, so while you find some loose ends resolved, there are others that aren't. But this was an exciting book with plenty of turns. The review will be posted January 18.
  7. Theme Park Abduction by Patsy Conway. This is a Love Inspired Suspense novel, though not part of a K-9 series. Book Review Link
  8. A Tincture Of Murder (Lord Danvers Investigates, Book 4) by Donna Fletcher Crow. This series, based in the 19th century, tells a mystery while including a real crime from that era. Book Review Link
  9. 12 Days... by Heidi Glick. This is a Christmas time suspense novella. Book Review Link
  10. Undercover Assignment (Rocky Mountain K-9 Unit Book 4) by Dana Mentink. Even though it's set in New Mexico and my old stomping grounds is Arizona, this story makes me homesick. Book Review Link
 


No comments:

Post a Comment