Tuesday, December 12, 2023

ALBUM REVIEW - TELL ME THE STORY BY JONATHAN AND EMILY MARTIN



I love the season of Advent (the four weeks preceding Christmas). I grew up without that tradition. As an adult, I've been at churches where they light the advent candles, and where the Pastor has a series looking at Christ's coming. I also became aware of the difference between Advent songs (e.g. "O Come, O Come Emmanuel," "Joy to the World") and Christmas songs (e.g. "Hark The Herald Angels Sing," "Away In A Manger"). But I never heard of an Advent album. 
Until now.
"Tell Me The Story," the most recent project by Jonathan and Emily Martin, qualifies as being an Advent album. A couple of songs would be classified more as Christmas songs, but most focus more on the impact of the coming (Advent) of Jesus Christ, the Son of God than on the historic event of His birth. 
There is not a bad song on this album. The songs all are encouraging and upbuilding. My favorites are "God Came Down To Us," "The Impossible," and "The Unexpected Ones."
I'm writing this the evening before Jonathan and Emily minister at my church, which motivated me to listen to the project. I'm glad I did. I highly recommend this product.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment