Sunday, July 23, 2023

SUNDAY PSALMS PART 29 OF 48 - PSALM 119:17-24

Log Church, Turkey Run State Park, Marshall, IN

 17     Deal bountifully with Your servant,
        That I may live and keep Your word.
18     Open my eyes, that I may see
        Wondrous things from Your law.
19     I am a stranger in the earth;
        Do not hide Your commandments from me.
20  My soul breaks with longing
        For Your judgments at all times.
21     You rebuke the proud--the cursed,
        Who stray from Your commandments.
22   Remove from me reproach and contempt,
        For I have kept Your testimonies.
23  Princes also sit and speak against me,
        But Your servant meditates on Your statutes.
24  Your testimonies also are my delight
       And my counselors.
                    Psalm 119:17-24, New King James Version

Isn't verse 18 a wonderful prayer to say before you do your Bible reading?

How about verse 19? Do you feel like a stranger on earth? If so, good for you, and you need to as a result grow more familiar with God's word. If you're a Christian who doesn't feel like a stranger on this depraved planet, then something's wrong!

You notice who's called "the cursed?" Yep, the proud. God doesn't think much of pride, does he? Pride is at the root of all rebellion against God, the source of all our disobedience.

Finally, is God's testimony our delight and our counselor? Or are we trusting in princes who sit and speak against God's people?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment