Tuesday, July 25, 2023

BOOK REVIEW - COLD PURSUIT (RYLAND & ST. CLAIR BOOK 1) BY NANCY MEHL


 

Does the imprisoned serial killer, who nearly killed former F.B.I. behavior analysts/current private investigators River Ryland and Tony St. Clair, have an accomplice on the loose to finish the job? And can these fledgling detectives discover what happened to a young man who vanished four years ago?

Cold Pursuit is the first of a new series by award winning novelist Nancy Mehl, introducing a pair of new protagonists. If you've read her latest series - Defenders of Justice, Kaely Quinn Profiler, and the Quantico Files - and enjoyed the edge of your seat suspense, then you'll enjoy this series as well.

Nancy Mehl is excellent in creating complex, struggling characters as well nail biting plots. Personally, the complexity and struggling of River Ryland made it hard for me to really like her at first. That changed as the story progressed. Now Tony St. Clair? I related to him basically from the start.

I'm looking forward to the next story. One unique thing about this novel: most of the time, Mehl wraps up the story, even though you know there's more development for her heroes and their relationships. This one has a bit of a cliff-hanger.

I highly recommend this novel, which I received from the publisher for my unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment