Sunday, July 30, 2023

SUNDAY PSALMS PART 30 OF 48 - PSALM 119:25-32

Post Road, Indianapolis, across from Fort Ben State Park

 25   My soul clings to the dust;
      Revive me according to Your word.
26   I have declared my ways, and You answered me;
      Teach me Your statutes.
27   Make me understand the way of Your precepts;
      So shall I meditate on Your wondrous works.
28   My soul melts from heaviness;
      Strengthen me according to Your word.
29   Remove from me the way of lying,
      And grant me Your law graciously.
30   I have chosen the way of truth;
      Your judgments I have laid before me.
31   I cling to Your testimonies;
      O Lord, do not put me to shame!
32   I will run the course of Your commandments,
      For You shall enlarge my heart.
                    Psalm 119:25-32, New King James Version


Three points I want to make with this section.

  1. First, a confession that I relate to the Psalmist's mindset in verses 25 and 28. How about you?
  2. I love verse 26, and I find it an invitation, a promise, and a challenge. An invitation to tell God what's on our minds and our plans. A promise that He'll answer us. A challenge to ask God to show us His statutes. Do you think that prayer will be answered?
  3. I love the two sides of the coin verses 29 and 30 show. The first could be said to be the Calvinist verse, asking God to remove the path of lying and to grant us His law graciously. The second is the Arminian counterpart, stating that we chose the way of truth and that we willingly are setting God's judgments before us.
What does this Psalm segment say to you?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment