Saturday, August 14, 2021

BOOK REVIEW: EXPLOSIVE SITUATION BY TERRI REED

In 2020, I got hooked on the True Blue K-9 Unit series published by Harlequin's Love-Inspired Suspense series (you can read my review of the series here). Evidently, the company has a series every year, and the following one published last year (I know, I'm a year behind) was the True Blue K-9 Unit Brooklyn (the first series was based in Queens).

I've missed the second part, but so far I've read the first, third, and fourth installments of this nine part series, and today I'm dealing with the latter, Explosive Situation by Terri Reed. I find it interesting that the fourth installments of both series deal with bomb sniffing pooches (a Beagle in this story, a Springer Spaniel and a Golden Retriever in Deep Undercover of the Queens series).

So far, this is my favorite of this series. In the previous series, it was the 5th book, Seeking The Truth by Terri Reed. If the author's name sounds familiar, it may be because you saw it in the title of this current review. At the moment, I've read only those two books by Terri, but I'm hooked.

One interesting thing about this book - it deals with a police officer suspected of excessive violence by an Internal Affairs investigator. Some of you may guess that the IA leader and the officer are of different genders and end up falling in love with each other. For those with that suspicion, what do you think this story is? Part of the Love-Inspired Suspense series? 

http://www.vetstreet.com/cats/sphynx#1_4uf48kos
Sphinx Cat, vetstreet.brighspotcdn.com
A minor character that made this more enjoyable for Becky and I was Kitty.
Kitty is ... a cat. Not just any cat, but a Sphinx Cat. For those who haven't read the book or aren't familiar with cat breeds, Sphinx's are known as being hairless. Reed points out in the story that isn't true - they do have a peach fuzz. My wife would love a Sphinx Cat in the hopes that her cat allergies wouldn't act up. (I've read enough to know there's no guarantees - cat allergies are cause more by the cat's dander rather than their fur, and Sphinxes have dander.

Back to the book. It is an excellent story, with the surprises you expect in the story. I highly recommend it.

Any other Terri Reed fans? Any other guys like me who enjoy Love Inspired Suspense?

No comments:

Post a Comment