Wednesday, August 4, 2021

BOOK REVIEW: CONCEALED IDENTITY BY JESSICA PATCH

 




My name is Jeff Reynolds, and I read Love Inspired Suspense. And enjoy it. I'm sure they'll take away my man card any day now.

This is the third Love Inspired Suspense novel I've read by Jessica Patch. I think this was the third in a series (I also read the first one, Deadly Reunion.) I didn't know it was a series until reading this story.

Amazon's product page gave this the following sub-title: "A Riveting Western Suspense." The cover gives you that impression. If you think a story about an undercover DEA agent in West Tennessee qualifies...

Flynn Wilder
I am definitely a Jessica Patch fan, and this action packed novel confirms the fact. My favorite part of her stories, though, are her unforgettable characters. Flynn Wilder from  typical for Patch's novels (and all other Love Inspired Suspense stories). I also love her characters in the stories I've read. One of her characters from Dangerous Obsession, made my favorite characters top 20 that I posted earlier. (Maybe the title dealt with Flynn's obsession with his hair?) The same is true in this story. I'd tell you one of my favorite parts ... but I avoid giving spoilers in my reviews so you can enjoy reading this one. Which I highly recommend.

Ah, but I will add one comment. I mentioned the hero, Holt McKnight, is an undercover DEA agent. I don't think I'm spoiling much if I mention there is tension with him not able to tell the heroine Holt's protecting (and of course falling in love with - this is romantic suspense, after all) why he's really there. If they survive the situation, would their relationship survive Holt's inability to be forthcoming with the facts?

How would you handle things if you aren't able to tell those closest to you what's going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment