Sunday, August 27, 2023

SUNDAY PSALMS PART 34 OF 48: PSALM 119:121-128

Garfield Park Conservatory, Indianapolis
 

121     I have done justice and righteousness;
         Do not leave me to my oppressors.
122   Be surety for Your servant for good;
         Do not let the proud oppress me.
123  My eyes fail from seeking Your salvation
         And Your righteous word.
124  Deal with Your servant according to Your mercy,
         And teach me Your statutes.
125   I am Your servant; Give me understanding,
         That I may know Your testimonies.
126  It is time for You to act, O Lord,
         For they have regarded Your law as void.
127  Therefore I love Your commandments
         More than gold, yes, than fine gold!
128  Therefore all Your precepts concerning all things
         I consider to be right; I hate every false way.
                    Psalm 119:121-128, New King James Version

 

My favorite verse in this Psalm is back in verse 63: "I have become a companion of those who fear You, who keep Your precepts." In close second place is verse 126 - "It is time for You to act, O Lord, For they have regarded Your law as void." There are a lot of verses that I think are appropriate for the day we live in, and this is one of them.

Another verse that impacts me is verse 128. If we consider God's Word to be right, we won't be tolerant of any false way. Rather, we will desire to do God's will, and will want to surround ourselves with those like minded. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment