Thursday, August 17, 2023

ALBUM REVIEW: THE CASTLE OF LOST HOPE BY I AM THE PENDRAGON


 

 One of life's questions I haven't figured out yet: What is a pendragon? Is there also a pencildragon? And am I the only person for whom the band name "I Am The Pendragon" makes them think "I am the Eggman, Wooo?"

But what matters is: "The Castle of Lost Hope" by I Am The Pendragon is well worth adding to your collection. It is the third concept album I've listened this year, and probably is one of my three favorite concept albums.

This project starts with a spoken introduction titled "Lamentations End." My hunch is that this second album is a follow-up to their debut, which starts the story concluded here. 

There is not a bad song in the remaining nine songs. No, let me rephrase that. Every song on the project is great. My favorites are "Rise and Reclaim" and "Falling Stars." Right behind it are the title track, "Momento Mori," "Woe Is Me,""Surely, I Am With You," and the concluding song "Burn It Down."

One reason it blessed me is how motivational the lyrics are. I felt built up and ready to fight the good fight after hearing this.

I really enjoyed the project, and plan to listen to their debut album - I need something to do until their next project comes out! After all, I heard them do a great song called "Atonement" when I heard them live at Kingdom Come Festival this year, and would love to hear it again. And again. And ... you get the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment