Tuesday, August 29, 2023

ALBUM REVIEW - RAVINER BY RAVINER

 


 You may remember me telling you how much I enjoyed Kingdom Come Festival, where I heard seven great artists. The group I ended my day watching was Raviner, who are based in Nashville, TN (as are another group I reviewed music of, Rusty Shipp). 

Today, I'll be reviewing Raviner's self titled EP. I'll go against traditional reviewing and my typical personality and start with what I didn't like about this project, which is one thing: The songs are so good, five tracks are just an appetizer! I want to hear more!

There is not a single bad song... no, let me start over. There is not a single not-great song on this EP. I loved every single song on it, from the opening of "Red" to the conclusion "Black Hole," with a pair of singles in between ("Drown" and "Animal.") 

Kamber Kigin's vocals are top notch, and Matt Richards' guitar is just as good. I'm definitely a Raviner fan. My favorite tracks - well, technically, all five of them, but "Red" (which would have also made a good single), "Drown," and "Thin Ice" were the ones I enjoyed the most.

I'm looking forward to both hearing them live again and at least as much to what they have next. (I just finished listening to their latest single, "Mania," which came out after the EP.)

No comments:

Post a Comment