Sunday, August 13, 2023

SUNDAY PSALMS PART 32 OF 48: PSALM 119:57-64

 

Christ Church Cathederal with nativity scene, Indianapolis

57     You are my portion, O LORD;
          I have said that I would keep Your words.
58     I entreated Your favor with my whole heart;
          Be merciful to me according to Your word.
59     I thought about my ways,
          And turned my feet to Your testimonies.
60     I made haste, and did not delay
          To keep Your commandments.
61      The cords of the wicked have bound me,
          But I have not forgotten Your law.
62     At midnight I will rise to give thanks to You,
          Because of Your righteous judgments.
63     I am a companion of all who fear You,
          And of those who keep Your precepts.
64    The earth, O LORD, is full of Your mercy;
          Teach me Your statutes.
                                Psalm 119:57-64, New King James Version

Isn't this a wonderful section of Scripture? This is my favorite in this Psalm. One verse in particular is the reason why - verse 63. I love being a companion of other Christians!

Do I hear an "Amen"?

No comments:

Post a Comment