Thursday, August 10, 2023

ALBUM REVIEW - "ONWARD" BY KAYLA CAREESE


 I go through phases of listening to songs on Spotify's "Discover Weekly." I believe that is how I discovered "The Martyr Song" by Kayla Careese (not to be confused with Erick Nelson's classic "Martyr Song"). From there, I started listening to other songs of Kayla, and finally took the time to sit down and listen to her complete album "Onward."

Kayla's music is primarily piano based and easy listening, and very good. There was not a bad song on the 12 song project, with my favorites being the title track, "Faith," "Only A Moment," "My Heart," "Seek God Seek Life," the concluding "Christ Our Anchor" and, as mentioned above, "The Martyr Song."

This album came out in 2017, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment