Monday, January 17, 2022

SOME THOUGHTS ON MARTIN LUTHER KING JR'S BIRTHDAY

 Yesterday, about this time, I realized Sanctity of Life Sunday was the next day (i.e. the day I'm writing this), and I hadn't written a blog. Well, today I realized the same was true for Martin Luther King's Birthday. So I'm going to give some thoughts I have on the day and the issues of racism and racial reconciliation.

Let me start with saying that I believe racism and other racial prejudices are alive and well in the country today, much more than most whites realize. On the other hand, I also think activists are calling things racism that are nowhere close, such as those who considered it to be racist to oppose President Obama's political agenda.

One other point. Six out of seven years, MLK Day is the day after Sanctity of Life Sunday. Coincidence? Probably. But do they fit together? Absolutely. Both days focus on human dignity. 

I can give more thoughts, but I'd rather recommend some good books dealing with the issues of Social Justice, Racial Reconciliation, the alternative of Critical Race Theory and the like. So that's how I'll end this blog.

Fault Lines: The Social Justice Movement and Evangelicalism's Looming Catastrophe by Voddie Baucham

Confronting Injustice Without Compromising Truth: 12 Questions Christians Should Ask About Social Justice by Thaddeus J. Williams 

The Gospel and Racial Reconciliation by Russell Moore and Andrew T. Walker

The Dignity Revolution by Daniel Darling and Rich Stearns

Cynical Theories: How Activist Scholarship Made Everything about Race, Gender, and Identity - and Why This Harms Everybody by Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay 


No comments:

Post a Comment