Wednesday, August 14, 2024

REPORT ON CEF GUIDE RETREAT AUGUST 1-3, 2024, INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS, WARRENTON, MO



On Thursday, August 1, 2024, Becky and I drove up to Child Evangelism (CEF) Headquarters in Warrenton, Missouri to take part in their semi-annual Guide Retreat. I've heard about it for years and I finally decided to go. Becky joined me, but the primary reason was to inquire of the Lord what my next step is, as I'm nearing retirement age. 

And I wrote that part three days ago. For some reason, I'm struggling with this. Part of it is energy after a long day. but part of it is being happy with what I've written.

So I'll just write a few comments of our two and a half days there (August 1-3).
  • I'll start with a summary. I left with more options about what to do, but not with a definite conviction on which option to take. So please keep praying.
  • You may have noticed from the photo above - GUIDE is also an acrostic, 
  • One part was a DISC personality test. We were given 24 sets of four two word descriptions, with us choosing the ones most and least like us. In my case, the S's (Supportive) and C's (Cautious) had an equal number of "mosts," while I had one least on C and none on S. I found that interesting. And if you're curious on the others, I's (Inspiring) had 4 mosts and two leasts while D's (dominant) had 1 most and 17 leasts. We also had a spiritual gifts inventory.
  • Becky and I had been to CEF headquarters 6 years ago and took a tour then. This tour was interesting because our guide would ask the workers questions about their jobs.
  • One blessing - we were divided into groups, and we were to sit together at certain meals (we could at the others as well, which we did).
Again, please continue to pray for Becky and me. One conclusion, though: Instead of doing my usual of making a list and figuring out which one is best, I'm just to wait and let God direct.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment