Thursday, August 29, 2024

BOOK REVIEW - "UNDERCOVER OPERATION" (PACIFIC NORTHWEST K-9 UNIT BOOK 7) BY MAGGIE K. BLACK


 Can K-9 officer Asher Gilmore, and trainer Peyton Burns working undercover as Dan and Merry with their underwater detection K-9...er, pet Spark, locate three missing bloodhound pups and bust a drug ring without their identities being discovered? Who stole the diary Peyton was writing as Merry? And which of the four candidates for two spots on the Pacific Northwest K-9 unit is trying to sabotage their rivals?

"Undercover Operation" by Maggie K. Black is the seventh part of the Love Inspired Suspense series Pacific Northwest K-9 Unit. Most of the time, I find these novels written so that you can read them out of order and still enjoy them (e.g. I read parts 3, 4, and 5 before I got to book 2, and was still able to follow the story), but in this case, I think you should have read the first six books first.

I enjoyed the relationship between Asher and Peyton. The plot is exciting, but has a few holes in it. For example, would a trio of bloodhound puppies dognapped and kept for six months be as small as the cute trio on the cover? You will need a very generous suspension of disbelief with this story. It's still fun.

Again, I suggest you read the series in order before you read this book and the finale. I still recommend this book, and I absolutely love this series.



No comments:

Post a Comment