Thursday, May 18, 2023

TIS THE SEASON FOR FESTIVAL ANXIETIES AND DILEMNAS!

 

Divine Martyr, Get To The Point Festival. (Thought you might rather see them performing than the often used photo of yours truly with the band.)


Okay, who do I go listen to this year? Divine Martyr for the second time? True Revival for the first time? The Daniel Band for the first time in person, 42 years after the first time I heard them perform on a radio program?

And where's "Get To The Point" festival when you need it?!

Two years ago, I learned of Always One Ministry and their concerts: the two day, two stage summer Kingdom Come Festival (which expanded to 2 1/2 days last year) and the Pit in the fall. Unable to make it to either of those festivals.

And the same was true last year as well! However, I had an alternative. Did you ever hear of "Get To The Point" festival? Oh yeah, I did mention that a couple of paragraphs earlier.

This year? I might finally make it to KCF this year! It's only an hour away, after all. Though it had some competition. I have to choose between which two of my favorite bands I should support! Do I go hear True Revival at a bikers rally? Or do I go hear Divine Martyr and others in Kokomo?

Hush Harbor at Get To The Point

One thing I'd love to do is get better photos of artists. I had a photo of another of my favorite groups, Reclaim The Day, but it's blurred. (They'll be at KCF, but unfortunately on Friday, while I'm working.😢) I also took one of Scott Shireman, drummer of Hush Harbor, but it's also blurred! (Hush Harbor will be at KCF, but unfortunately they'll be at the Thursday night kick-off while I'm getting ready to sleep so I can work Friday.😥.) I did get a good one of me with Divine Martyr. Fortunately, I didn't take that ... I mean, it wasn't blurred.

Last year's Saturday line-up was fantastic, but it would have had me going from one stage to the other a couple of times. This year, Saturday has a good line-up, but this time, the artists I want to see are all on one stage, starting out with BRVVE (who I heard at "Get To The Point", performing as Brave WRSHP). 

Reclaim The Day, with BRVVE on left
Of course, there are bands I'd like to hear that I won't be able to. Undefeated will be there Friday. Zahna has a Friday acoustic set (I'd love to hear that) and closes the festival at midnight on Saturday (definitely past my bed-time). Theody, Forsaken Hero, and True Revival were there last year but not this year. And Worhol and Daniel Band have yet to be there!

Speaking of Daniel Band, they're going to be in concert on Labor Day weekend! But two things against hearing my favorite metal band. 1) They're further away (in Ohio). 2) Unlike KCF, it costs!

Back to KCF. I'm thinking of volunteering, so please pray about that. Should I spend my first time at the festival just enjoying it, or should I serve my brothers and sisters in Christ? Also, I want to be an encouragement to the fellow musicians, so pray about this. 

And keep KCF and other Christian festivals this summer up in prayer (including True Revival's Biker Rally this Saturday). Allow me to post the schedule so you'll be able to pray for the artists.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment