Tuesday, May 16, 2023

IF I WAS RICH ENOUGH TO START A SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM, WHAT WOULD IT BE FOR?

The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary/Boyce College, Louisville, KY

As the title indicates, no, I don't have enough money to start a scholarship program. But if I did, what would I make it for? Well, I have a clear-cut answer for that! Not a list of possibities: my mind's made up!

My scholarship will be specifically for singers/songwriters to get a degree in Bible. No, not a minor in Bible with a major in music. The major should be for a Bible, theology, pastoral studies, or apologetics degree. 

The scholarship would also be only for certain Bible colleges/seminaries. Of course, it would be one that believes the Bible is inspired, infallible, inerrant. It would not only teach that Jesus is the only way to the Father (John 14:6), but that they are training students to go into the world and evangelize. 

Is that controversial enough? Let me go further. That school will also be teaching recent creationism and dispensationalism! Essentials for salvation? No. But both of these views are based on the Bible meaning what it says. A school that doesn't agree with this does not deserve a penny of my money.

What is the purpose of this scholarship? I believe there is a place for musicians in Christian ministry. I also believe there's a need for musicians releasing Biblically based music. For that reason, I'd put most emphasis on a Bible major; the theology would depend on the school. I would see how homiletics training may be of value (which is why I included Pastoral) and I would be excited to see Scripture defended via songwriting.

Any thoughts on this?

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment