Tuesday, May 30, 2023

SHOULD I BLOG? PODCAST? BOTH? NEITHER? ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Sifakas (and mirror), Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Park

I don't remember who it is, but I believe they were told they needed to have a podcast. How about me? Should I?

Am I being old school in continuing to blog? Would I have more of an impact if I did a Podcast?

I'll admit - I find starting a Podcast more intimidating. Is there a cost? Or can I start it just using my little camera and talking? If I want to work in power-point (another bit of technology I've always wanted to use but never got started with), would that work, or am I making things too complicated? (I have a way of doing that.)

But I'll be honest - I don't watch many Podcasts. Some of them are about an hour, that's a longer investment than I usually want to make. So why should I think others would want to make that time investment to see my podcast?

For that matter, is a podcast something that I'd accomplish anything? I'll admit that I have it hard sticking to one subject, as here. I definitely would be doing interviews, and they may do well. But will I have a regular following, or will I have a spike on one episode because the interviewee has a loyal following who will watch that episode and pay no attention to me afterwards?

Some of the same questions on podcasting are equally true when it comes to blogging. Is my blog something that God is using? I have a hunch that this blog has broken into the top billion in readership. 

Reality? God may be using this blog even if it looks like this is something that nobody reads. It doesn't help that it's not easy to leave a comment to the blog.

So what are your thoughts?


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment