Tuesday, October 4, 2022

PASTOR APPRECIATION MONTH, PART 2 OF 3 - PEOPLE GOD USED TO HELP SHEPHERD ME

Courtesy of TheGospleMark

Continuing with looking at Pastor Appreciation Month, I'd like to mention other ministers who had an impact on me that I believe are worthy to be included as pastors, even though they did not have that title. Some had the role of teacher, others were more friends. These would include:

  • Rita Reynolds - my Grandmother, who taught me to memorize the books of the Bible.
  • Rev. Marv Cowan, a Missionary to Utah, who I had opportunity to talk to one week at camp when he did an elective on cults. I saw him at Verde Baptist soon afterwards, since Verde Baptist supported him.
  • Mike Cook. Was he supposed to be a youth pastor, or did he just serve a role?
  • Bible college professors David Nicolas, Steven Sonmor, Rick Railsback, and Dennis Wretlind. I had opportunity to speak to them outside of class while I was at school.
  • Bill Smith, who taught a men's Precept class in Tennessee.
  • Dan Harting, founder of Families Against Cults.
  • David Witt, CEO of Spirit of Martyrdom 
  • Bishop Robert Lyons, who was head of the chaplains department Becky worked at. I had some opportunities to interact with him as well.
  • Church Planter/Artist Kerry Jackson and Steve Sering, who worked with Circle City Canvas Church.
  • Josh Jacobs, who was an influence to me while he was pastor at Hunter Road Bible Church.
  • Mark Mirza of Common Thread Ministries.
  • Missionary Monte Baker. I've talked to him on phone and Skype.
  • My men's study group at Northside Baptist Church: Curt Waters, Nick Laurino, Jim Myers, and Tim Schlotterbeck. I also will include the teachers of the Living Stones class, which include Myers, Schlotterbeck, Glenn Christie, and Chris Pole.
  • Finally, a list of friends I've had throughout my life that have had an influence on me spiritually in alphabetic order: Lonnie Atkenson, Mel Brown, Tony Finch, James Lawson, Dan Schafer, and Mario Smith.

 Do you have any teachers and friends who weren't technically pastors but who filled that role in your life?



No comments:

Post a Comment