Wednesday, October 19, 2022

BOOK REVIEW = EMBRACING THE RACE: 40 DEVOTIONS FOR THE RUNNER'S SOUL BY LISA PREUETT


Are you aware that as Christians we are in a race? What parallels are there between running and the Christian life?

Lisa Preuett has composed an excellent and inspiring 40 day devotional, with each based on her experience running. I'll admit that I'm more apt to run for office than I am to take up running, but I was greatly encouraged by this book.

For those who are in a hurry to start your morning run or your daily auto race through traffic to work, this is an ideal devotion for you to read. Each portion is two and a half pages long, includes entertaining anecdotes of her running, and a spot-on connection with Scripture, closing with Scripture, a thought, and a prayer.

I highly recommend this book. It has reached the spot of being one of my favorite devotional books.

No comments:

Post a Comment