Thursday, September 8, 2022

BOOK REVIEW - YULETIDE COLD CASE COVER-UP BY JESSICA PATCH


Who murdered Poppy Holliday's kid sister and threw the body into a well 15 years ago? Or is it a conspiracy among her fellow high school classmates? And why did her boss assign stiff shirt .... I mean stuffed shirt Rhett Wallace, who considered Poppy a loose cannon, as her assistant on this case?

Yuletide Cold Case Cover-Up is the third and final installment of the Cold Case Investigators by Jessica Patch. Typical of Love Inspired Suspense series, you don't need to read the other books to enjoy the story; there are common characters (Poppy and Rhett are side characters in the first book and mentioned in the second), but each story focuses on different individuals and are stand alone stories.

The series focuses on a four member Cold Case team. Each of them deal with a cold case that occurs in their small town hometown. Each also are good mysteries, with a collection of suspects and twists and turns in discovering who the killer is. But before you start comparing Jessica Patch with Agatha Christie, the Queen of Crime doesn't keep me on the edge of my seat.

This is the sixth Jessica Patch book I've read, and I'm definitely a fan. She has created several of my favorite characters, including Poppy and Rhett in this story (and yes, I enjoyed their appearances in Cold Case Takedown before this one). As I mentioned above, the story is suspenseful, as well as bringing out the main characters through the action and the supporting cast.

I highly recommend this story, this series, and especially this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment