Tuesday, September 27, 2022

BOOK REVIEW - WHEN GOD CALLS A WRITER: MOVING PAST INSECURITY TO WRITE WITH CONFIDENCE BY DEANNE WELSH


 Are you questioning whether God might be calling you to write? Are you needing some encouragement and guidance? If so, check out this book.

This is a nice short book. It is less than a hundred pages, consisting of four chapters divided into segments of 2-3 pages. If that's not enough, it's written where there's no first line indent, with a double space between paragraphs, and said paragraphs have the max of three sentences (often being one sentence and one line).

The above format makes the thoughts seem a little choppy, which is a good thing. The result is you have a short thought easy to focus on.

You'll want a pen - Welsh gives you questions. You might want to have a separate notebook to write those answers.

If you're a Christian considering writing (either fiction or non-fiction), you'll want this book.

Final comment - I've about given up on writing. After reading this, am I still there? Good question. I'm still trying to discern if writing is a good ministry keeping me from a better ministry or if I'm abandoning something I'm called to.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book. And about whether you keep writing: I pray for wisdom for you in the discernment of yes/no and also if if yes, then what? I quit a couple of times myself, and God brought me back to it. That's the only way I could be sure He wanted me to keep going.

    ReplyDelete