Tuesday, September 13, 2022

BOOK REVIEW - THE GRAND CANYON: A DIFFERENT VIEW BY TOM VAIL


Are there facts that don't quite fit the typical view that the Colorado River has been carving out the grand canyon for millions of years? Is there an alternative view that should at least be considered and not  dismissed because it doesn't agree with naturalism?

The Grand Canyon: A Different View is narrated by Tom Vail, who is a boat guide at the Canyon, and also includes comments by various creationists. The book starts with an overview and then looks at various issues such as the rocks, the water, fossils, and the plants and animals. The book is also filled with photographs.

The book is 100 pages, and, as stated above, plenty of pictures. If I taught a class, I might include this as one textbook, but not the sole one. For me, this is perfect to put on the coffee table to spark conversations.

I would be interested in seeing what my progressive (old earth) creationist biology teacher would have thought of this book. That teacher was a geologist, and was not convinced of the flood being the cause for much of this earth's geology. This book does bring out good points, such as how the rocks are formed in the canyon.

I learned of this book seeing it on the book shelf of a friend, pulled out and easy to see. I'm glad I saw it, and highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment