Tuesday, March 12, 2024

BOOK REVIEW - RELIGHTING THE TORCH BY ANDREW HORNING

 

Is this country the Constitutional Republic the Founding Fathers gave us? If not, is that an improvement, or is it endangering the freedoms the Constitution was meant to preserve?

In "Relighting The Torch," Andrew Horning deals with these issues. He points out how, almost while the ink on the Constitution was still wet, we moved toward a centralized government. He then includes an annotated Declaration of Independence and Constitution with all the Amendments, concluding with ways to get our country back on track.

I found this book informative, which did not surprise me the least. Horning has run for office as both a Libertarian and a Republican. During one debate, one blogger commented that he would make an excellent teacher on the Constitution and government. I fully agree.

There are few books I can objectively say that I think everyone should read. This is a good example. I wish our leaders would read this and try to get this country back in shape. 

Thank you, Andrew Horning, for writing this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment