Thursday, September 7, 2023

ALBUM REVIEW - ASSIMILATION BY CRIMSON OVERTONE

 


Is it that I'm getting old, or just am not paying attention? I'm discovering new groups and new singers and forget how I stumbled on listing them. Are they at a festival I'm following? Did they get recommended by Spotify? Did I just stumble on them? Crimson Overtone is an example, but when I discovered their awesome song "I Stand," I was hooked.

Today, I'm covering their EP Assimilation. No, it doesn't include "I Stand." But it has five other good, hard rocking songs. 

This project is a concept album (I'm finding a lot of good ones recently). The five songs deal a person becoming assimilated into God's plan for their lives. My favorites on this project are "Unbelief," "Severed," and "War Cry".

The interesting thing is that the week I listened to "Assimilation," I was preparing to teach a Sunday School class on Daniel 1, where Daniel and his friends were expected to assimilate into the Babylonian culture, and they had to take a stand on an issue that mattered to them.

Crimson Overtone are on my list of bands I want to get to hear and meet someday. I highly recommend this EP.

No comments:

Post a Comment