Thursday, November 25, 2021

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, 2021

 

Sign at Irvington Presbyterian Church, Indianapolis, IN

Best laid plans of mice and men. My plan was to write this by last night, and do my normal thing of having my blog post at 6am on Thursday morning. But no, it's not being posted until about 12 hours later. 😕

The past 18 months have included a pair of physical moves, a new church closer to our new residence, a change in employer name and in department I'm working in. And I'm thankful for those changes.

I would like this opportunity to thank my interviewees this past year and a half. These include, in reverse chronological order (because that would make it easier to find them scrolling down):

  • Singer/Worship Leader Kathleen Howell (to be posted Nov. 30th, 2021)
  • Singer Devin Cunningham
  • Worship Leader Luke Jones 
  • FB Group Moderator Richard Preston
  • Singer Becca Sugg of Reclaim The Day
  • Author/former Presidential Candidate Sam Robb
  • Author Donna Fletcher Crow (interviewed in Oct. '21 and Sept. '20)
  • Author Jackie Castle
  • Author J. M. Hackman
  • Musician Dan Schafer
  • Author Terri Reed
  • Angie Leyda of Always 1 Ministries (Festival Organizer)
  • Meghan Williams of Dyed4YouArt
  • Author Laura Scott
  • Author Joshua A. Johnston
  • FB Group Moderator Morgan Trotter
  • Author John Otte
  • Author Christopher Schmitz 
  • Church Planter/Artist Kerry Jackson
  • Author Kerry Nietz 

Also, I had written a blog thanking my Beta Readers and would like to thank them again.

One book on my 2022 reading list is Thanksgiving: An Investigation of a Pauline Theme by David Pao. 

I'm thankful for my marriage to Becky - Tuesday (11/23) we celebrated our 460 month anniversary. Also, I'm thankful for my friends.

Of course, WHO should we give thanks to? God, of course. He's the one who gave us every good and perfect gift, and He's the one who allows us to be tested so we grow in faith and maturity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment