Monday, May 31, 2021

Friends Of The Prophets And What Is Our Focus?

  


Jon Wyclif giving the "poor priests" his translation of the Bible by William Fredericks Yearnes The "poor priests" (aka the Lollards) distributed Wyclif's translation of Scriptures in an age prior to printing presses.

 

Raise your hands if you noticed the blog's new name! Funny, I don't see any hands.

In a post about two weeks ago, I mentioned I debated changing the blog's names, and gave the two options :

  1. Keeping the original name "Faith, Facts and Fiction."
  2. Changing it to "Friend of the Prophets."

You would not believe the response I had (or maybe you would). After the days (or was it seconds) of counting the votes, my vote proved to be the tiebreaker. (Zero to zero is considered a tie, isn't it?) 

What is the idea behind that name? Because those that fill the role of a prophet are often friendless, but I have a desire to be a friend to those types of people. And you'll notice the new title is in the plural? My hope is that I not only encourage fellow believers on the front line of Spiritual Warfare, but I also encourage others to join me.

But what does it matter? Does it matter if I change the blog's name? Does it matter if I write this blog? Does it matter if anybody reads it?

Would you believe me it's discouraging for the blog to more often than not land in the lower single digits on people who see it? (That's when I post it on my Facebook page, otherwise it wouldn't have any.) I'm sure you have discouragements about your endeavors at times, asking yourselves "What's the use?"

The reality is WHY am I taking the time to do this? Is it to build my platform for writing? Even more so, is it so that my name means something?

I'm rereading The Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer, and the chapter I read today deals with that issue. Is God the ultimate reason for what we're doing, or are we trying to build our own kingdom?

Hopefully, this blog not only has a new name, but a new direction on the part of the blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment