Tuesday, May 18, 2021

A Question For My Readers, or "1,000 Words A Day?!"

 I started this blog almost a year ago. At first, I thought of doing it weekly. Then, I thought of things to add that made it four times a week. And the reality? Weekly was a nice goal. Monthly is a little closer to reality.

I also will admit - maybe blogs are past their prime. The blogs that had the best response were those where I interviewed someone else, and all the friends of that someone else came to check it out for that interview.

So for months I've been between forgetting about this blog and thinking about this blog. Writing it was in another dimension. Maybe the Twilight Zone. Maybe the place a fast-food co-worker mentioned: The Fry Light Zone.

Well, I happened to read a pair of summaries on books about blogging. I have yet to read them, but they're on the list. I don't know how they differ, but both agreed on this:

You should contribute to your blog daily. Preferably 1,000 words each post.

Okay.

So should I get back on and give a daily submission to a non-existent audience? Or should I give up?

My goal is the former.

One thing I'll check on doing is changing the name. I came up with a quick name, and I'll confess that while I wanted to get the essence of the purpose of this blog, I didn't think a lot about it. I have another name in mind, and it also fits once you know where I'm coming from, but it may be more vague.

So, though I might be stuck with the name, I'll ask you, reader, the question. Which do you like better? And I'll give the rationale for the titles.

FAITH: FACTS AND FICTION (Current name). No, I am not at all questioning whether faith is fact or fiction. Rather, the purpose is dealing with faith - even some apologetics - and doing it through preaching by pastors and apologists and the like and through artists like novelists and songwriters. Or...

FRIENDS OF THE PROPHETS. By prophets, I'm not talking about people predicting things, but those who communicate the Word of God, and again that includes traditional preaching/teaching and via the arts.

So what are your thoughts on those titles?

No comments:

Post a Comment