Thursday, July 25, 2024

BOOK REVIEW - "THREAT DETECTION" (PACIFIC NORTHWEST K-9 UNIT BOOK 5) BY SHARON DUNN


 

Why is a stranger shooting at volcanologist Aubrey Smith, than claiming she has something that belongs to him? What is her sister's picture doing on a collection of five people's photos, and who is killing those five off? Will Aubrey working near Mount St. Helen's be less explosive than having her ex-fiance and K-9 officer Isaac McDane attempt to trying to protect her? (At least his beagle partner is adorable, as you can tell from the cover.)

This is the sixth of eight full novels (plus a pair of novellas) of the Pacific Northwest K-9 Unit series on Harlequin's Love Inspired Suspense imprint. As usual, each installment is written by a different author. Also, you don't need to read them in order to enjoy them (I read this book before I read book 2) - they're written so it's easy to catch us with the important parts of the previous books, nor do the newer books spoil the older ones.

This is the sixth Sharon Dunn novel I've read (all Love Inspired Suspense, and five of them part of K-9 series), and this is definitely my favorite by her. I've enjoyed seeing Isaac and Aubrey work through their past, present, and future (I mean, any suspense on whether they'll fall back in love with each other by the end?). The plot has as many twists as the trail going up the legendary volcano, Also, most of Dunn's books I've read so far let you know who the bad guy is about halfway through; this one has a good, riveting mystery.

This has been my favorite series, and this book is part of the reason why. I recommend both this novel and the rest of the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment