Sunday, November 12, 2023

SUNDAY PSALMS PART 45 OF 48 - PSALM 141:3-5

 

New Beginnings Outreach Ministries, Washington Square Mall, Indianapolis

3   Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; 

    Keep watch over the door of my lips.

4  Do not incline my heart to any evil thing, 

    To practice wicked works With men who work iniquity; 

    And do not let me eat of their delicacies.

5  Let the righteous strike me; 

    It shall be a kindness. 

    And let him rebuke me; 

    It shall be as excellent oil; 

    Let my head not refuse it. 

    For still my prayer is against the deeds of the wicked.

                    Psalm 141:3-5, New King James Version


This is a wonderful passage to pray. Our mouths - and our fingers on the computer keyboard for that matter - need to be guarded, to keep us from sin in that way. 

We also should be cautious on our friends and on our heart inclination. Additionally, we should be willing to be corrected, especially by the righteous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment