Tuesday, November 28, 2023

BOOK REVIEW - HOLD FOR RELEASE BY HEIDI GLICK




"Bitterness: One will choose Forgiveness, One will choose Revenge." (From front cover)

Can journalist Jake Hartmann get his wife Carlotta to forgive him for committing adultery? Or will she give in to the advances of the handsome divorce attorney? And who brutally killed the dogs at the animal shelter? 

Heidi Glick has long been one of my favorite authors. I loved her debut Dog Tags several years ago. Her latest is Hold For Release, an edgy romantic suspense. I'll agree with what several other reviewers have pointed out - there are so many twists you have no idea what will happen next.

As the statement on the cover hints, a common thread between several of the characters is dealing with bitterness. I dealt with sadness reading the story, which is an indication of how well the story was written and how Glick had me caring for Jake, Carlotta, and her sister Rosario in spite of their flaws.

I highly recommend this powerful, thought provoking novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment