Tuesday, June 13, 2023

MOVIE REVIEW - THE 7 CHURCHES OF REVELATION: TIMES OF FIRE

 

 

A friend told me about this video as I was preparing a study on the 7 churches of Revelation. I definitely included this film in.

"The 7 Churches of Revelation: Times of Fire" does an excellent job in dealing with Patmos, Ephesus, Smyrna, and Pergamos. Christophe Hanauer does an excellent job going through these communities as well as interviewing several scholars. This documentary not only looks at the Biblical text, but the history of those communities both before and after.

You may notice that I only listed the first three churches and the isle of John's exile. That's right. If you want to look at the remaining four churches, you'll need to get volume 2, "The 7 Churches of Revelation: Times of Deception." I'll admit, I feel gypped, because "Times of Fire" did not mention it the first volume. 

This does not change that this is a great video to watch. It does an excellent job of pointing out the persecution of the church, and makes the point that things haven't changed. 

I highly recommend this video. You can go to their website, https://7churches.com, if you want more information on both films. I'm surprised it's not available on Amazon.

By the way, I'm posting this the night I'm starting to lead a study on Revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment