Tuesday, June 6, 2023

HOLDING UP THE ARMS OF CHRISTIAN ARTISTS GROUP - AN UPDATE AND INVITATION

 

"Holding Up The Arms of Christian Artists", original art

Years ago, I was involved in a pair of groups. One was called "Jesus Music 1969-1989," and is a large group where the focus is on positive memories of Jesus Music and CCM. To keep it positive, there are topics that are taboo on that group, such as any controversies about artists. The second group, "Discussion Board for Jesus Music 1969-1989" was formed to allow discussion of the issues that weren't allowed in the first group.

During that time, I decided to start a group focused on praying for artists. I forget the exact first name, but I called it a prayer board for Jesus Music 1969-1989, focused on praying for the artists of that era. Years later, I took off the time focus and made it for all Christian musicians, regardless of genre or time frame.

Well, I just recently decided to try to get it more active. A couple of days later, one of my novelist friends wasn't feeling well, so I decided to post prayer for her. This inspired me to extend the focus to include novelists, visual artists, cartoonists, etc. This was accompanied with another name change, and the group is now "Holding Up The Arms of Christian Artists." 

One thing that hasn't changed - the artwork I did for the group, which you see above. You may be familiar with the battle with Amalek in Exodus 17, where Joshua led the children of Israel against their enemies who attacked the rear ranks after they escaped Pharaoh and crossed the red sea. Moses, accompanied with his brother Aaron and Hur (some think he's Miriam's husband) to the mountain top. When Moses raised his arms with the rod, Israel prevailed, but when his arms lowered, the bad guys had the upper hand. So Aaron and Hur got a rock, had Moses sit on it, and they held Moses' arms up until the Amalekites were defeated.

If you don't know I have a heart for Christians in the arts, you haven't been paying attention to my reviews and interviews. This Facebook group is dedicated to praying for artists.

Would you like to join me? The link for the group is below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1906415342732790

No comments:

Post a Comment