Thursday, December 15, 2022

BOOK REVIEW - RHATS TOO! (TAKAMO UNIVIERSE; THE MUTO CHRONICLES #2) BY KERRY NIETZ

 


Where did Frohlic's large family (all mutos have large families) disappear to? He barely survived his previous smuggling trip in space; did he really want to join his friend Abs for another one? Especially when facing ants and spiders that are bigger than you?

I absolutely loved Rhats Too!, the full length sequel to Kerry Nietz' novella surpisingly titled Rhats. In this edition, our muto (a cross between a human and a, believe it or not, rat) hero finds his family missing from his home, with a feisty, flirty female with a gun there instead. He also is invited by his friend Abs to join his crew another smuggling trip... along with the feisty, flirty female.

There is plenty of sci-fi action in this book, as well as surprises here and there. My favorite part is the friendship between Frohlic and Abs. 

If you like sci-fi, this is an excellent book to read. I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Looking back, I realized I didn't post my review of Kerry's novella "Rhats!" on this blog. Thinking about it, I originally planned on covering both in the same review, and then forgot about it. (Yes, I'm getting to the edge where I find it easy to for-... what was I talking about?)

    For those interested, both books were enjoyable. The main recurring characters were Frohlic (both stories are first person Frohlic narratives) and Abs, but both stories are fun.

    ReplyDelete