Tuesday, April 26, 2022

THE FACE OF HEALTH? OR NOT?

Not the billboard referred to in blog, but same message.


 One thing that irked me during the social distancing/mask mandate era: There was a billboard on the I-465 titled "The Face of Health", with a picture of a nurse wearing a mask.

Hold on to your horses. Probably too late to avoid a Facebook notification of where to go to find the facts of the mask. This is not meant to make a statement one way or the other of the value of masks.

Rather, my focus is on the blurb. No, a masked face is not the face of health. Those who say so either don't know what health looks like or they are deliberately telling a lie to get the results they want.

Here's the obvious: if things are healthy, masks are not needed.

If the masks are able to protect a healthy person from COVID19, then the masked face is a face that needs their health protected. If, however, a mask works solely to keep the infected from infecting the healthy, then the masked face is the face of UNhealth.

Again, this is not a critique of wearing masks. I can see the rationale of it protecting you and others. In fact, mask wearing may help put someone else at ease, and that is a good thing. 

However, to me that billboard was saying evidence of a lack of health was what health looked like.

So if I'm not arguing against masks, why write this blog? Is it just letting steam of at a time where that steam has passed its prime?

No, there is Scripture that this makes me think of. And that verse is Isaiah 5:20 (NKJV):

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who set darkness for light and light for darkness, who set bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. 

Okay. The billboard I saw is not the best example of that verse. I cringed when I read Christians saying a true Christian would not wear a mask, just as I cringe with the "Face of health" billboard and the mandates. But it still is an illustration of calling something the opposite of what it is.

Unfortunately, we can find better illustrations. Yes, I can find them and mention them. But then, why should I when you can give examples yourself. 

The reality is we need to realize we serve a righteous, holy God. He dictates what truth is, and plan A is to agree with Him. To disagree with Him is plan C. What's plan B? To realize plan A needs to work and if someone suggests plan C is an alternative, destroy plan C before someone makes the foolish mistake of trying the failed idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment