Tuesday, March 29, 2022

BOOK REVIEW - DEADLY CARGO BY JODIE BAILEY

 


 Why did Alaska State Trooper Will Stryker get a bogus tip that bush pilot Jessica Jefferson was smuggling drugs? And why is someone trying to kill her? Is it due to Stryker and his K-9 partner Scout's investigation? Or was it due to why Jessica is in the Witness Protection Program?

Deadly Cargo is part 5 of the Alaska K-9 Unit series. One other reviewer (at least) said it was the best so far in the series, and I won't argue. I'm also not surprised, because I'm a fan of the author, Jodie Bailey. I've read six other books by her, though this is the first K-9 book I've read of hers.

Will and Jessica are compelling characters I really learned to care about. If you want a romantic suspense, this is great in both categories. However, if you look at the adorable border collie on the cover and want to read a lot about Scout, you'll be disappointed. The only other weak spot is some poor editing, though this isn't the first in the series with that weakness (which surprises me from a publisher like Harlequin).

As is typical for Love Inspired Suspense stories, this does have a faith angle to it. That angle is one reason I enjoy these books, and Bailey, as usual, does a great job keeping it from being preachy but rather consistent to the story.

I am thoroughly enjoying this series, and I'm looking forward to both the next Alaska K-9 tale as well as the next novel by Jodie Bailey.

No comments:

Post a Comment