Thursday, March 24, 2022

BOOK REVIEW - COLD CASE TAKEDOWN BY JESSICA PATCH


 It was bad enough for the High School quarterback to be murdered a decade ago. But is that the only problem with the football program? Reporter Georgia Maxwell and cold case detective Colt McCoy want to find out the answers. Others in the town don't, and they're willing to kill to keep the answers buried.

I absolutely loved "Cold Case Takedown," the first of the three part Cold Case Investigators series by Jessica Patch. It has the suspense (and romance) you'd expect from a Love Inspired Suspense (LIS) novel. It also has the great characters I find in Patch's novels (my all-time favorite male LIS lead was Wilder Flynn from Patch's "Dangerous Obsession;" my favorite LIS female lead is Georgia Maxwell of this story). This also has a mystery in it that is more like Agatha Christy than a typical LIS story.

One thing I liked in this story was Georgia's battles with anxiety. To me, that helped the story stand out.

As stated, this is the first part of a trilogy. I have a hunch that I've been introduced to the leading ladies and one of the male protagonists of the following installments. I haven't read the plot description of the other two, so I'm looking forward to seeing if I guessed correctly.

This is one of my favorite novels I've read this year, and Jessica Patch is already one of my all-time favorite authors. In other words, I highly recommend it.

1 comment: