Tuesday, April 9, 2024

INTERVIEW WITH MUSICIAN DAVID DIXON, AKA RIDDLE ME THIS?


 

JR: My all-time favorite fictional villain - be it of movies, TV, comic books, or novels - is Frank Gorshin's Riddler on Batman, so of course I’m intrigued by your name. How did you choose that name, and what is the relation between the moniker and your music?

DD: Im a Big Batman Villains Fan and the Riddler is one of my favorites. He even becomes a good guy in one storyline. So Riddle Me This came from my own salvation story. Asking the important questions instead of relying on my own intellect and reasoning. Is there really a God? Who is He? Parables are also a kind of Riddle but one in which Jesus gives us the answers to.

JR: How did you come to know Christ, and what got you into music?

DD: I grew up Baptist and went to church off and on throughout my life. I didn’t really care one way or the other for Jesus but I absolutely hated Christians. I believed in a God just didn’t care too much about Him. Then I discovered the world of Lucifer: Mild Devil Worshipping, Ouija Boards, Ghost Hunting, etc. During that time and completely unbeknown to me I became a Minister for Satan, ordained and sent out to the world just like a Disciple of Christ is. I wasn’t aware that I had become a Satanic Minister, but that’s how it works. People most of the time have no idea the work they do for Satan. At the bar where I worked, I was a DJ so I got paid to party and go home with women. I had a great life. I was a celebrity, a small town Rockstar. Go to Church? Why? They were all bigots and hateful self righteous jerks. Why would I ever want to go there? 

So I’d be at the bar and hear someone mention going to Church or talking about Christianity or Jesus and Bam! I was all on them, “Hey let me tell you about real freedom”. “Come with me, I'm fun, we’ll have a great time. Jesus isn’t real let me tell you why. etc.” I had no idea that this is exactly what a Satanic Evangelist does, but there I was out there ministering. 

Long story short I met a girl, Wanted to break up with her, she was way too good for me. Good also meant very boring to me as well. Ended up staying (that's a whole story too lol); I knew she was a Christian and always told her why that was wrong. I was going to prove that Christianity isn’t real and it's the worst religion. I get on You Tube and see some Bible prophecies that I remember coming true. I did something I never thought of before and simply asked God who He is and if He’s real. I told Him if He’d tell me in a way that HAD to be Him and couldn’t be explained away by anything rational, then I’d follow Him forever. 

Next thing I know I leave my living room and I am in the presence of Jesus Christ. It’s just black I can’t see anything, but I know I am in the presence of God. He showed me who I was, all the wicked vile and evil things I had done against Him and His Children. I'm crying, I see it. I feel what I've done but then I feel something I can't even describe just Love. I tell Him I’m so sorry I didn’t know. I tell Him I’ll follow Him. He tells me I'm forgiven and that I'm gonna minister for Him now. I never even had to ask “Who are You?” I didn’t know the verse correctly then but It just hit me as all this is happening, “My Children know My voice.” The actual verse is “My sheep hear My voice and I know them.” 

That entire encounter felt like a really long time but it probably was only about 30 seconds to a couple minutes. When I felt myself kind of come to back to my living room I’m a Christian. Its so surreal how 30 seconds prior to that I hated all Christians and now I am one. Truly the old man was put to death and I arose in Christ a new creature. If people would only seek Him out, just ask Him. One simple question was all it took. He will reveal and prove Himself, and after that surrendering your life to following His will doesn’t seem so crazy. In fact just the opposite, you realize that there really isn't any other way. 

As for the Music. I have been playing music since I was a kid. I have always loved music. Singing came later on but once I realized I can sing it started to turn me into an arrogant egotistical rockstar in my own head. Now that I write and sing songs for Jesus it makes it more fulfilling and purposeful. Following Him and learning to be more like him and less like me puts the ego to bed. Its not about me, never has been, never will be. Everything is His and for Him. 

I will say the Music journey for me as a Christian has been hard, emotionally stressful and draining at times, it's not been easy. Having to step down from platforms that would catapult my fame and career. Going from touring the USA in a Tour Bus and playing on stage with some of the bigger names in Christian Music, to being the cleaning guy at a tiny church. It was like going from Green Day to Janitor. I have to follow HIS will though and not my own. Thats what I’m being taught and it's been painful at times, but this is the life of a Follower of Christ. Just because the world says you can have all the money and fame, it's right there for the taking. It’s been offered over and over, but you don’t want it. Not like that. Christians don’t need money, clothing, food, etc. We need God’s favor and blessing, we need HIM. If we follow HIM he will provide everything we need and more, but that my friends is easier said than done. READ YOUR BIBLE!!

JR: Could you tell us about your latest release?

DD: Sure. The latest release is "Go Out and Tell Them" and can be found on my youtube RiddleMeThis?BandOfficial or find me on facebook Riddle Me This Band.

JR: It’s not often I ask an interviewee about other organizations, but on your Facebook pages, I’ve seen a mention of two different items I’ve heard of else where: Broadhead Music group from several artists on Glenn Remsen’s Lithoscry Podcast and the Whosoever Church, which Amy and Seth Olsen from the band Counter mentioned. Would you be interested in letting us know more about them?

DD: Sure!! Broadhead Music Group is the record label I am signed to. There are I think 10 artists signed, maybe more, maybe less not really sure how many. Whosoever Church probably shares its name with several Churches and Organizations, but the Whosoever that I am affiliated with is just my very small Hometown Church located in Nahunta, GA. Although it does have a rather big online following.

JR: What are some of the biggest concerns you have for today’s world and/or today’s American Church, and how do you think God may use you for his glory in times like this?

DD: I think there are a lot of concerns happening within the American Church. I think the biggest problem is that the Gospel is not being Preached or Taught in the vast majority of American Churches. Apostasy is rampant everywhere with a lot of Churches ignoring scripture to accommodate sin and sinful lifestyles. We all like the salvation, forgiveness, love, and Heaven side of the Gospel; we start talking about Sin and Hell, though, and feathers start to get ruffled. Gotta be the WHOLE Gospel though otherwise Salvation makes no sense, What are we being saved from? I could go on for days about the lack of TRUTH and The Gospel in churches but this about sums it up along with Teaching what True love is and how to love like Jesus. I’m not saying we need more inflated religious Bible Bashers or Hell spewers and fear mongers either. Love like Jesus. Stand firm in Biblical Truth, but be gentle. Show love and compassion, the fruits of the spirit. 

JR: Thank you for your time. How can we keep in touch with you and your music? Any final thoughts you’d like to share?

DD: You can follow me on Facebook either David Dixon or Riddle Me This Band. We are living in serious times. It’s time to be serious about our walk with Christ. We won’t make it without him. It’s a dangerous and cold dark world out there. It’s getting colder, darker, and more dangerous; especially for us. There is only one light to follow and it’s up to us to follow HIM as close as we can, so that we can lead others to HIM as well. Hatred, Emptiness, Violence, and Death is all the world has to offer. There’s a lot of fun in Sin, but it’s not for us and it’s not worth it. When you sin, Repent and lean on him more. We are so weak, but being in fellowship with God is worth more than all the gold in the world. My Encouragement to everyone…READ 1 John it’s a short book but it helps in our walk with him, it also helps us to really understand why as well. 

Thank You, Jeff, for taking the time to interview me and thank all of you readers for the support and love!! For those that I am meeting for the first time, Hi I’m David Dixon Singer/Songwriter of Riddle Me This Music Ministry. Thank you and nice to meet you!! Thanks again Everyone!! I love you guys!! Keep your eyes on Jesus!!


1 comment:

  1. David it feels my heart with joy to know your such a devoted follower of Christ love you man

    ReplyDelete