Tuesday, February 28, 2023

PRE-OSCAR LOOK AT MOVIES THAT HAD AN IMPACT ON ME, PART 2 OF 12: THAT DARN CAT (1965)

 

I debated whether this was the second or third movie on my list. Technically, it came out first and thus, I probably saw it first (I was 5 or 6 at that time). However, this movie had a delayed impact - it wasn't until I watched it as a teenager that it climbed to being my all time favorite comedy.

Even when I was a child at its release, this movie had a draw from having two actors I was a fan of. One was Frank Gorshin, who portrayed my favorite villain, The Riddler. The other was, of course, the cat. 

I will add that I could not stand the '97 remake nor, for that matter, John Astin's portrayal in season 2 of Batman. Also, I will also admit I'm not a comedy fan, in spite of me being quick to tell a joke. (Most of the time, my favorite comedies were ones that mixed adventure with the comedy like "Silver Streak" or those that try to keep you on the floor laughing like "Airplane".

One last comment - the first two movies on this list were Disney films. Is that expected from me starting chronological? Or is this a trend?


No comments:

Post a Comment