Thursday, May 19, 2022

BOOK REVIEW - COLD CASE DOUBLE CROSS BY JESSICA PATCH


 Cold Case Investigator Mae Vogel has good reason not to trust Cash Ryland, and no reason to believe his abusive brother didn't murder his ex-wife. So why did Cash get stabbed when he sought to prove his brother's innocence?

Yes, I'm a male reader of Love Inspired Suspense by Harlequin, and this is the 50th one I've read. I will admit that I find these stories to typically escapist, as you enjoy being at the edge of your seat. Some, however, do bring up issues for you to think about, and I doubt it can be done more effectively while keeping the suspense pedal to the metal than Jessica Patch has done in Cold Case Double Cross, the second of her Cold Case Investigators trilogy. The physical danger threat is there, but this is just as much a psychological thriller as an adventure.

One interesting subplot is that the male lead, Cash Ryland, is dyslexic, as well as wishing he had been a better role model to his younger brother.

I mentioned this is part two of a series. For me, the rule of thumb is that every part of a Love Inspired Suspense series can stand on its own, and that's true here. Mae had a supporting role in the first story (as did the other two members of the Cold Case Investigation team), and her boss Colt McCoy has even less of a role in this book (while the other two members aren't really mentioned by name).

I definitely am a Jessica Patch fan, and I'm looking forward to the third part of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment