Saturday, July 18, 2020

Welcome to Faith, Facts, And Fiction

Welcome to my new blog, Faith, Facts, and Fiction. 

You can call this a purpose statement for this blog. But let me tell you why i'm starting it.

I'm going to be part of a writer's conference this coming weekend. One of the things on the registration is asking if I have a blog page. Well, until now, the answer was a big "Negatory." 

As you guessed, I'm a writer. You may further surmise that I'm a novelist because the word "fiction" is in the title. Currently I'm trying to get the first installment of what will be a three part series published.

I did debate calling this "The Art Of Apologetics" or something like that. The above mentioned novel is titled "An Apologetic For Murder" and is a mystery that takes place at a Christian apologetics conference. So this blog will look at both fiction/writing and at Christian theology/apologetics. I may have some blogs that don't fit either category.

One major focus is where the two subjects go together. Namely, how can Christian artists - fiction writers, songwriters, visual arts - be used to teach, exhort, and defend the Christian faith. True, many artists focus on the art, and there's a place for that. But I want to encourage artists to use their art for God's glory.

So I will be writing blogs, at least one a week. I also will be interviewing or giving guest blogs to other friends, whether they be ministers and apologists or novelists and songwriters. I might have some of non-fiction books reviewed as well.

Hope you are blessed by this new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment